- EntLib41Src folder is the point to start from which has got everything including blocks source code, scripts to build the modified libraries, quick starts etc. We are not supposed to touch actual Enterprise Library installation folder.
- Before we actually proceed, we can open QuickStarts projects to help ourselves identify the file and method that we wish to change.
- Now, we modify the code. I commented the call to WriteDescription() and WriteDateTime(DateTime.UTCNow) functions inside Format method and call to this.WriteSource and this.WriteHelpLink functions inside WriteException method in ExceptionFormatter.cs file.
- We need to create a strong name key in order to generate strong-name EL assemblies. Check this out here: Strong Naming the Enterprise Library Assemblies
- We can execute BuildLibrary.bat and CopyAssemblies.bat in order to build the modified assemblies and copy them to EntLib41Src\bin\ respectively.
- Reference the assemblies in the project.
- Make sure from that point onwards, we use the right copy of Enterprise Library Configuration tool which is inside EntLib41Src\bin\EntLibConfig.exe otherwise, we might end facing errors and exceptions related to assembly versioning and manifest definition mismatch as Tom Hollander describes it in his blog here: Avoiding configuration pitfalls with incompatible copies of Enterprise Library
Khallas! we are done.